Score for St. Jude Update
A note from Danielle Smith, Development Specialist at St. Jude:
Hello CBHL! We are onto Week 4 of Score for St. Jude! Time is flying by and you all are rocking it! I want to say Thank You to each and every person that is a part of this program, you are truly amazing!
We are sitting right at $30,000 committed to the Kids at St. Jude. This week, I encourage you to share your fundraising pages on social media, in email and any other platforms you use. Encourage your friends and family to donate/pledge and also share your post so it reaches more people! I also encourage you to share with your children why this is so important and encourage them so that they WANT to help! Tell them how even a small amount can help! Below are some examples of how a little can go a long way:
- $3 Help provide pediatric isolation masks to help protect patients with compromised immune systems.
- $10 Help provide a new toy for hospital play areas or recreational areas at St. Jude housing facilities.
- $36 Help provide a St. Jude family with meals for one day in the Kay Kafe, the St. Jude cafeteria.
- $57 Help provide necessities for parents who may have hurriedly left home after their child’s diagnosis.
- $100 Help provide a platelet count test for two patients: Platelet counts are among the tests doctors use to monitor patient health during treatment.
- $250 Help provide a meal card for a St. Jude family for one week: St. Jude provides patients and their families with meal cards for breakfast, lunch and dinner in Kay Kafe, the hospital’s cafeteria.
Also, I encourage you to watch this video about patient Matthew. It helps to give some perspective and is a reminder of why we are doing this. (If you feel your child is mature enough to watch after seeing it yourself, feel free to share with them)